Join the Walt Whitman Birthplace at a free arts festival in Heckscher Park, Huntington on Sunday, September 24 from 12-4 p.m.!
Rain Date: October 1
- Play historical children’s games inspired by Walt Whitman’s era
- Sketch from a live model with artist Christian White
- Meet & create with author & illustrator Paul Rodriguez
- Paint by Heckscher Pond with artist Doug Reina
- Meet & chat with exhibiting artist Lisa Breslow
- Make a “Moving to the Rhythm” 3-D drawing
- Create “Letter Art” inspired by The Art of the Narrative
- Play larger-than-life chess & checkers with “Your Move Chess & Games”
- Live music on the terrace by Kirsten Maxwell
- Face painting & Huey bean bag toss
- Child ID program with New York Life
- … and so much more!